- 1 Bitdefender Threat
- 2 Fixing the errors that occur in the Bitdefender Threat Scanner
- 3 Conclusion
Bitdefender Threat Scanner is one of the best and most reliable antivirus software solutions. Many people encounter certain virus issues on their networks and computer. Thus, there is a necessity of antivirus software solutions that can cope up with these issues safely and securely. This software is very helpful for businesses in securing and safeguarding their computer and networks.
Threat scanner is one of the scanning program which is particularly invented to analyze potential threats and is at the core of security suites of Bitdefender. For all the Bitdefender products, from the personal level to the enterprise level, threat scanner plays a vital role.
Purpose of Bitdefender Threat Scanner
Analyzing a computer’s hard drive is one of the key purposes of Bitdefender Threat Scanner. Apart from analyzing, it is also useful in identifying potentially threatening software. This harmful, potentially threatening software includes viruses, worms, Trojans, and various other malicious software.
In case of detecting any hazardous software by the Bitdefender Scanner, you can easily remove it from your system to prevent further damage to your system.
Usage of Bitdefender Threat Scanner
Bitdefender’s threat scanner can be used in various ways. Some of them are given below:
- When any software infection or virus is detected or suspected then on-demand scanning starts to work.
- Scheduling of automatic scans is also available with the variable frequency to achieve the security of business concerns.
- The Scanning process can be performed when the system productivity is not hindered or affected.
- Early boot scanning is an important feature of Bitdefender’s Threat Scanner under which examination and threat removal can be done during the boot cycle.
- Windows resources are required to operate the Bitdefender while combating viruses and infections that inhibit Bitdefender by the scanning process.
Maintenance of Bitdefender Threat Scanner
Bitdefender scanner is no different from all the other good anti-virus software. Like others, it also needs regular updating. To introduce new threat patterns and information, software needs to be up-to-date to combat different viruses. The updated version of the software also helps to keep the computer system and network of your business safe and secure.
After updating of a Bitdefender threat scanner, new features can be uploaded and the old one’s updates and potential security leaks can be removed from your system for further protection of your system.
System Requirements of Bitdefender Scanner
There are various system requirements for small business Bitdefender. The computers which are running this software must have the following specifications:
- Operated on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
- Operated on Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Requires an 800-MHz processor having Intel CORE Duo 1.66 GHz or a similar processor is preferable.
- Operated on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.
- Requires minimum RAM of 1GB, and for Windows Vista, 7 and 8 RAM of 1.5GB is recommended.
- Available hard disk space of minimum 1.8GB is required by your computer, and a hard disk space of 2.8GB is suggested with Bitdefender.
- On the system drive, there must be a minimum of 800MB of the available space.
- Requires Internet Explorer 7 or higher from it and also requires the .NET Framework 3.5.
- Combines with Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher from it and Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0.4 or higher from it.
All the above-mentioned system requirements are merely for small business setup. While setting up services for enterprise solutions, there will be varying system requirements that must be dealt by the Bitdefender.
Fixing the errors that occur in the Bitdefender Threat Scanner
There can be certain errors and problems with Bitdefender Scanner like other anti-virus software. Many people are searching for different methods and procedures to combat or resolve this Bitdefender Threat Scanner Error. Usually, the user receives an error notification box from Bitdefender while shutting down the system that states “The issue has encountered with Bitdefender scanner”.
Bitdefender element is used in many antivirus programs. So let’s discuss the ways and solutions to deal with the error of Bit defender threat scanner.
Solution1. Setting error by running the fixed patch
In this method, the problem or the error can be easily resolved by means of running the fixed patch. To resolve or fix this common issue, Microsoft has already introduced a patch. There are several following steps.
- Step 1
First of all, you have to properly check the version of the Operating System and to open the run box, press Win + R keys. When the run box is opened, type the winver in the run box and click on enter.
- Step 2
Different operating systems have particular architectures. Depending upon your operating system design, you can easily download the fixed patch and after downloading you can run it to isolate the issues from your system. There are different fixed patches for different bit operating systems. In short, 64 bit OS and 32bit OS cannot run on the same patch.
Solution2. Resolve the issue by reinstalling the Bitdefender
In addition to running the fixed patch to resolve an error, there is an alternative method to fix the issue of Bitdefender Threat Scanner. There are multiple steps to be followed:
- Step 1
On the taskbar, there is the start menu option, which you have to right-click then from the list of items, select the apps and features option.
- Step 2
On the right panel, there appears the Bitdefender app, which you have to double click for uninstalling the app, then follow the instructions for complete removal of the tool by uninstalling it.
- Step 3
From the official website, you can again download and install the Bitdefender app.
In a nutshell, Bitdefender Threat Scanner is an antivirus tool that fixes hazardous infections to your system. Here is the complete description regarding the purpose, usage and maintenance of this software. Besides, the ways are also discussed to resolve the problems of this software. After having the sound knowledge of this software, you can run your system properly.