- 1 GoodNotes For Mac
- 2 Features of GoodNotes App:
- 3 GoodNotes for Mac (macOS):
- 4 How to Install GoodNotes App:
- 5 How to use GoodNotes App:
- 6 Alternatives to the GoodNotes App:
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
GoodNotes For Mac
Description: GoodNotes for Mac is now a reality for macOS users as GoodNotes 5 that supports macOS was recently released at the onset of January 2020. The software allows you to view, edit, and organize documents using your mac computer and gives you the ideal opportunity to sync data and information between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac through the help of iCloud. The idea GoodNotes for mac presents to help you get seamless and continuous GoodNotes experiences you had in the iPad supported version, such as accessing your essential information on the go, notebook, and documents to the Mac platform you are using, better and more significant.
Offer price: $7.99
Operating System: macOS 10.5
Application Category: Software
- Easy traceability of notes.
- Freedom of handwriting.
- Easy management of documents.
- Syncs to iCloud.
- Ability to customize your notebooks.
- Side by side view.
- It provides a very fluid writing experience.
- Excellent shape and eraser tool.
- It has an excellent highlighter tool.
- Ability to print all document formats
- Side by sideswipe.
- Cheaper compared to other similar apps.
- Powerful and simple.
- It does not support audio recording.
- Notebook covers could be less limited.
Transform your iPad into smart digital paper. Take handwritten notes in digital notebooks, on imported PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents, or on images and photos. All notes are searchable and you’ll never have to worry about losing or misplacing them again. GoodNotes is one of the top paid iPad apps worldwide and is frequently featured on the App Store, making it a must-have for your iPad.
Features of GoodNotes App:
GoodNotes is mostly known as the “On the Go” App admired mainly by students and those holding secretarial roles as their daily jobs. But is it only so beneficial to these two groups of people? Let’s go through the features below and find out.
Easy traceability of notes.
You can search and find anything you saved on GoodNotes thanks to the services of its powerful OCR technology. You do not need to stress about looking for your handwritten notes, PDF texts, typed texts, outlines, and file folders.
Freedom of handwriting.
With GoodNotes, you can write, sketch and even draw signs and signatures with your finger or the stylus pen on digital paper and imported documents. With this feature, you are at ease to add pictures, reshape shapes to perfection by reordering and resizing them as per your preference. At GoodNotes, you are not limited by real paper page sizes.
Easy management of documents.
How easy and organized can it be than to be able to plan your documents in folders while creating unlimited subfolders, to mark your most important documents, pages, and folders as favorites to reach them more relaxed and to generate custom outlines to ease navigation through your documents using GoodNotes?
Syncs to iCloud.
An ideal way to share your documents and the photos you have already annotated to all your connected devices, thanks to iCloud. This means you can access your essential documents on the go and not necessarily only on one device that might be far from you at the time of need.
Ability to customize your notebooks.
GoodNotes gives you a platform where you can access a broad set of beautiful covers and paper templates such as essentials, Cornell paper, checklists, planners, writing paper, and dark paper, among others. You can also import your PDF and image formats as templates for more customization.
Side by side view.
Another good thing with GoodNotes is that you can open it in two windows and view two different documents side by side. This helps you a great deal when doing data analysis or comparisons hence saving you from the tiresome hustle of going through documents in a different window.
GoodNotes for Mac (macOS):
The latest version of GoodNotes (GoodNotes 5) that supports macOS is available for purchase at the Mac Appstore. Once you are set to go, you can download it to your mac computer using the following steps.
How to Install GoodNotes App:
- Open the Appstore and search for GoodNotes look at the featured apps and only click on the latest version, which is GoodNotes 5.
- Once you have the GoodNotes 5 at disposal, click on the ‘Price’ button below it to initiate the purchase. The button will change to green and will tell you to Buy App.
- Enter your login credentials, which are your Apple ID and your Password. After that, your app will begin to download successfully.
- Look for the downloaded app from your Applications folder or the Launchpad and click on it to start using it on your mac computer.
- If you would wish to create a shortcut on the desktop, simply drag the Application from the Launchpad to the desktop.
How to use GoodNotes App:
With so many ways to use the GoodNotes on your macOS, we will have to look at a few selected users for you below:
How to sync GoodNotes documents between iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Sign in to your iCloud account in all your devices that you would wish to sync.
- Go to ‘System Preferences’ then select iCloud.
- Check the iCloud Drive and click on the Options button, then check GoodNotes and sync it.
If your devices are connected to the same Apple ID, then syncing will commence immediately.
How to delete Pages and Covers in GoodNotes 5.
- Open a selected document in your library.
- Click on the Thumbnail view.
- Tap on the ‘Select’ button in the upper right.
- Click on the pages that you would wish to delete.
- Click on ‘Trash’ that appears at the top.
Covers in GoodNotes can also be deleted following the same process. However, you can always create documents that do not have covers by choosing ‘No Cover’ in the covers section when creating a new notebook.
Alternatives to the GoodNotes App:
It operates mainly on iOS devices and puts to full use the Apple pencil, iCloud, and iOS multitasking. Just like GoodNotes, Notability provides a close platform integration and handwriting recognition coupled with Apple Pencil support. However, Notability provides audio services such as voice over recording and also has a split-screen view.
- Handwriting recognition
- Audio recording abilities.
- A little more expensive compared to other Note-taking apps.
An ideal note-taking solution app to Android and Windows users. It is technically a free app, but this comes with limitations such as Ads, lack of Encryption, and limited attachment space. However, the Ads are only present in the Android version.
- Intelligent formatting and alignment.
- Handwriting recognition.
- Less robust Windows App.
An open-source project that works on Windows, Linux, and Mac. Its simple interface is designed to look just like a ruled notebook.
- Works on Windows Operating Systems.
- It has a free and open source.
- No handwriting recognition.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Is GoodNotes a one-time purchase?
If you had formerly purchased GoodNotes on one of your iOS devices, then you won’t need to purchase it again. You will just download it for free on all your iOS devices. However, for the macOS, you will have to buy it from the Mac Appstore as these are different stores.
Can GoodNotes be used on Mac?
Yes, the latest version of GoodNotes supports macOS.
Can I type on GoodNotes?
Typing on GoodNotes is only supported inside text boxes.
GoodNotes for Mac is the best note-taking tool available to mac users. Install yours today and ride along with the rest of the world in embracing new technological advancements.