- 1 OBS For Mac
- 2 Features of OBS App:
- 3 Open Broadcaster Studio (OBS) for Mac:
- 4 Alternatives of the OBS App:
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
OBS For Mac
Name: Open Broadcaster Software
Description: OBS for Mac provides you with an ideal platform on your Mac computer to record videos and have exciting live streaming sessions. With OBS you can enjoy powerful and easy to use configuration options, where you can add new Sources, duplicate existing ones and adjust their properties with much fewer efforts. It has a well-organized user interface with five sections which include the source, the audio mixer, the scenes, transitions, and controls.
Offer price: Free
Operating System: macOS
Application Category: Live Streaming
- It comes with light and dark themes.
- Displays high performance.
- A wide array of filters.
- A streamlined setting panel.
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options.
- Inherent audio mixer.
- Attractive studio mode.
- OBS has a very powerful program.
- An easy to use interface.
- Ability to customize the capture quality.
- Free to access.
- A variety of filters.
- The shortcut feature might sometimes prove to be a little bit challenging for new users.
Open Broadcaster Software is a free and open-source cross-platform streaming and recording program built with Qt and maintained by the OBS Project. There are versions of OBS available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux distributions.
Features of OBS App:
With Open Broadcaster Software, you can start recording from multiple sources at the same time and with a free will to customize based on the options you have. A wide option of functionalities is available for you when you need more control. Let’s go through its features to understand why it stands out.
Light and Dark Themes.
OBS gives you the pleasure of choosing between the light and dark interfaces during operations. Since some users prefer the light mode to the dark one they can enjoy that without interruption. Other users have complained against too much light and can now enjoy the dark theme, thanks to the latest version of OBS.
Displays High Performance.
With OBS you can be assured of high performance and real-time video or audio capturing and mixing. It allows scene creation that is made up of multiple sources which include window captures, browser windows, text, images, capture cards, webcams among others.
A Wide Array of Filters.
Another great feature of OBS is the vast number of filters it harbors. Right from scene and source filters to audio device filters, you can add the filters of your choice by right-clicking your desired scene, source or device and selecting ‘Filters’. The scene and source filters would include color correction, crop, image mask/blend, scroll, LUT filter among others. The audio device filters, on the other hand, would include a compressor, expander, gain, limiter, noise suppression, noise limiter, VST plugin among others.
A Streamlined Setting Panel.
This feature gives you the ability to access a wide array of configurations options that enables you to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording. In other words, you can easily arrange to put together your broadcasts and recording and switch between different profiles with ease.
Powerful and Easy to use Configuration Options.
With this feature, you can add new Sources, duplicate existing ones and adjust the properties of the same with little to no effort at all.
Inherent Audio Mixer.
The OBS has an intuitive audio mixer that offers you filter functionalities such as noise suppression, noise gate, limiter, invert polarity, gain, expander and takes full control with VST plugin support.
Attractive Studio Mode.
OBS brags of a high quality designed studio for high-quality production. It gives you the capability of setting up and introducing changes in your scenes with a behind the scenes sort of idea in the back of your mind. You can push live any changes you make to your scene immediately after you configure it to what you wanted it to look like by just hitting a button.
Open Broadcaster Studio (OBS) for Mac:
Let’s have a look at how this software operates in MacOS.
How to Install OBS App:
- From your Mac computer, open your preferred browser and search for the Open Broadcaster Studio homepage.
- Once you arrive at the OBS homepage, click on the button for macOS and download the latest version.
- Once you have downloaded, go to the downloaded files and open the package.
- Since you are downloading from the website and not the Mac Appstore the security preferences might bar you from continuing with the installation process and a pop up telling you the file can’t be opened since it is from an unidentified developer. Click OK on that pop up to continue.
- Go to the App menu and select the system preferences and while there tap on the security and privacy option.
- Under the security and privacy option, you will see the General tab on whose bottom you will see the reminder that you tried to open the OBS file but was blocked from opening because it’s not from an identified developer. Click on the ‘Open anyway’ tab to open the installer.
- Mac will ask if you are sure to continue with the process, click ‘Open’ to confirm.
- You will see the installer welcome screen, click on ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be prompted to select a destination, select your primary mac drive as your destination and click on ‘Continue’ then click on ‘Install’ on the next prompt.
- Enter your Mac password and click on ‘Install software’.
- Close the installer and open your OBS to start enjoying the great app.
How to Use OBS App:
- Open the OBS app on your Mac computer. You will find it on the Application folder on your macOS.
- Add a source from where you want to record by clicking on the ‘+’ sign that’s on the bottom of the screen and click on the ‘Display capture’ to open the ‘create/select source’ window.
- Select a display you would wish to record and then click ‘OK’ which will take you back to the main OBS studio screen.
- Set your volume as you need by using the two sliders at the bottom of the OBS in the mixer tab.
- Click on ‘Start Recording’ and the recording will ensue immediately then click on ‘Stop Recording’ once done to save your video. The video will be saved to your videos folder.
You can check for how to stream using OBS here.
Alternatives of the OBS App:
Xsplit Broadcaster and Gamecaster.
Best app for hardcore gamers who do live streaming of their games. It brags of its smooth and quick set up for live streaming with high definition quality.
A streaming software that you can operate straight from your browser. It is an ideal tool for beginners as you can easily do a podcast or recording through a webcam. > (opens in a new tab)” rel=”noreferrer noopener nofollow” class=”rank-math-link”>Download here>>
Its beautifully-designed interface makes it attractive to customers. It also allows flashback recording, hence you can record the missed parts of your recording.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Is OBS completely free?
Yes. OBS is 100% free, you don’t have to pay for it at all.
Is OBS free of viruses and Safe to use?
With OBS you can follow up and see how it works since it is an open-source project where the programming code is open for anyone to open and improve.
Can I analyze my stream on Twitch TV?
Yes, this is made possible by the R1ch stream analyzer.
OBS for Mac does bring to you a great deal of streaming and recording features. Getting this app for your Mac would be a great investment to you. Consider trying it out today.